When you have windows 7, and you sick of others use your computer without you admit. Usually, almost all people would set up an account and password that only with
the right password can enter the windows. It is a good way to protect your privacy. However, some troublesome come along at the same time. One day, when you open your computer, you scare to find you forgot your password.
Well, take it easy, that’s nothing serious. You can reset Windows 7 password easily
by means of reset password from mode, create password reset disk, or use the Windows Password Reset.
Method 1:Use Safe Mode to Reset Windows 7 password
1. Press F8 when your Windows 7 is booting. You will come to the Advanced Boot Options.
2. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
3. Enter safe mode with an available admin account. And a command prompt will appear.
4. Type net user in command prompt and press Enter. It will show you all accounts on the Windows 7.
5.Type net user Ellen12345(Ellen is the locked admin account’s name and 123456 is the new password. This depends on the setting of your computer) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
6. Type shut down –r –t 00 and press Enter.
7. The computer will reboot automatically and then you can log on Windows 7.
Method 2：Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk.
1. Click on Start and then Control Panel in Windows 7.
2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
3. Click on the User Accounts link.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.
5. When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next
6. In the I want to create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a Windows 7 password reset disk on.
7. With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
8. Windows 7 will now create the password reset disk on your chosen media.
9. You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer.
Method 3: Use Windows Password Reset tool to reset Windows 7 password.
Before reset your windows password, you should have a computer that can link with
the Internet, prepare CD/DVD, or USB, then download the software Windows Password Reset.
Once you have done follow the instructions below, you can start to reset your password.
Step1: Run the downloaded file to install Windows Password Reset.
Step2: Burn Windows Password Reset ISO file to CD/DVD, or USB.
Step3: Insert newly created CD/DVD and reboot your computer, there, you should pay attention to change your computer’s setting to make it boot from the CD/DVD, or USB, then remove the windows password you want.
With the methods above, forgetting your Windows 7 password is no longer a crisis. Among the three methods, I more prefer to the third method—Use Windows Password Reset , because it spend a little time and the more important, it is easily and safely.