Questions from iPhone user:
I lost my iTunes backup password last week. But don’t know how to get it back! My valued videos, photos, contact address, etc. are on my iPhone!
One of my friends, who has new iPhone 5, had a similar problem recently. He recommended me use SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery . Can I believe it?
Solution 1: Unlock the information Without Password.
If you just want to get the files in the iTunes, you can try the following steps.
1. The first step to recovering your iTunes without a password is to install the software. Install Disk Aid and iPhone Backup Extractor on your computer.
2. To unlock your iTunes backup, you first need to open iPhone Backup Extractor on your computer. From the main menu, click "Read Backups.
3. From the list, choose the device that you want read the backups for. Make sure that the one you select from the list is the same as the name of your device.
4. Chose what information you want to retrieve from your iTunes backup. Once you click on the device name, you will be shown a list of applications that you can choose to retrieve. Choose the name of the application you want, or you can choose multiple applications.
5. Click the extract button to unlock your iTunes backup without a password. Once you click the "Extract" button, you will be prompted to select where you want the files to be extracted to on your computer. Choose where you want, and click "Choose". Your files will now be extracted to that location on your drive.
This solution is got from the webside, I hadn't tested it before, but I unlock iTunes backup password using the tool you said above - Smartkey iTunes Backup Password Recovery successfully. It can help you unlock the iTunes password, not just get the files. Want to learn how to do, then turn to solution 2.
Solution 2: How to recover encrypted iTunes backup password.
SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery enables forensic access to password-protected backups for iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod, which contain address books, call logs, SMS archives, voice mail and email account settings, applications.
First, you need to download this software and install in you computer. Then following the below steps to perform password recovery.
Step 1: Load Encrypted File
After launch this software, you will enter into the main interface like below. Click "Open" to navigate the file you need to recover: that's manifest.plist file. The default folder where this file is stored varies depending on the computer's operating system.
# Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Step 2: Select a Attack Type
There are 3 kinds of attack providing in this software: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack, Dictionary Attack. Each attack type has its requirements and limitation, and you can select the most appropriate one to effectively and correctly get the iTunes backup file password.
Step 3. Start recovery
Click "Start" to start cracking the password, during the process you are allowed to click "Stop" button to stop the process and then save the project for later importing the previous attacking results to resume recovery without rescanning. Within minutes, your iTunes backup password will be recovered successfully.
See, isn't it easy to use? iTunes backup password recovery totally simple and safe enough!
SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery download site: